Monday, October 20, 2008

Song 64 : LCR the Phone Junkie

So let's see... They say that we'll be getting RM300+ after coming back from NS (gov's generous offer). So before going, I already knew what to spend the money on! A new Walkman Phone!

But dont get me wrong!

I'm not a phone junkie! Its just that recently, i'm having a bit of trouble with my phone, the joystick is ruined!(never ever buy a phone with joystick) Plus there is no memory card slot to store my songs. Much to my chagrin, my MP3 mysteriously broke down ONE DAY after the PC fair (if only that stupid thing rosak earlier, then i can get another one at a low price la, but NOOOO it just had to go banannas ONE DAY after the PC FAir!)

So i've been going songless for some time.

Initially I thought of getting another MP3 player, but considering my phone's annoying joystick, I thought what the hell, might as well get a new phone. So i've decided what to do with the NS money, way before NS even started! XD

Currently I had my eyes on this phone

Its the Sony Ericsson W380i!
Price for AP is around 500+

But considering its horrible functions, I'm Pretty sure the price will tumble.
The functions are shitty for such a price!

-1.3 Megapixel camera with no video recording
-Only 300 hours of standby time
-14 MB internal memory with M2 Card extension
-176x220 pixels screen
-weighs 100g

In, short, very bad combination. It's a bad deal

So why on earth did I say i want to get it?

Sigh...
People like me have an inexplicable lust for clamshell phones. Just because its a flip model, I am willing to turn a blind eye on the horrid functions.

I have always longed for a clamshell phone (hehe) Crazy for it more than other shapes. Even slide leaves no impression on me, but a flip phone will definitely make me go ~WOW~

SO its like i'm buying a phone just because of the pretty design despite its bad insides.
I feel like I'm really turning into a phone junkie!

Compare that phone just now with this W610i phone

It has:

- 2MP cam with recording
-350 hours of stanby time
-64MB internal memory with M2 Extension
-Cam with LED flash
-weighs only 93g

Conclusion, its a much better phone than the clamshell one, as it provides all the optimum functions for only RM400+

Its a much better deal really. And it triumphs W380i in every single aspect.

But if only this phone was clamshell!!!!!!
Argh!!!!!

I really cant believe my obsession for flip phones is going to lead me into becoming a bad consumer!
Sheesh
I think I definitely am one of those phone junkies now

3 Rhapsodies:

Miss Pei Lu said...

why not save up for a DSLR
hahah 2 dollars isn't that much considering
oh yeh i'm still having trouble with the DSLR
either 450D or 60D
hmmmm lost LOL
do u want to go to NS?

sulinn said...

so many other clam phones which are better looking with more variety in functions...why must stick to that one..pick the best among the clamshells la! Btw, i have sola with me ad! Gonna watch it after my finals!!

C. Ren said...

to pei

LOL i think that'll take me like a year to collect enough money
which one is cheaper?
LOL
We have to go no matter what

To SUlin

SIGH
there are only 3 clamshells for SE Walkman. One is very nice and costs 1600+, another is 500+ also and the design is bad. Looks very old. HAHA. The last is this. The rest stopped production
SIGH
OH that show. FInally, after one year of persuading...