Thursday, December 10, 2009

I killed a person

Its reaching the end of semester 1.
After spending 2 semesters here, i would say that life gets more interesting day by day.
so many bittersweet memories we shared together =)
such fond memories
SIGH
Despite that, I still cant bring myself to ingnore the bitter moments that clouded them
Today i woke up feeling terrible and guilty.
I was invovled in a conspiracy against a certain someone.

Someone who is often judged unilaterally.
Someone who used to be a great person.
Someone who used to help me regardless of the situation.
But, that person has changed.

His desperation to vye for popularity and seek attention became his undoing.
The fact that, there are many other things he did that pissed everyone, booked him a
one-way ticket to become an outcast.
Now, he is like a tiny island besieged by us, rough oceans.
But
he still tries his best to fit in no matter what.
His attitude sickens me, but his perserverance amazes me.
The fact that he is human like all of us, shows that he need friends. But everyone, including me are turning our backs against him.
Then, i question myself,
Why did I opt to exile him?
why couldnt i just accept him for who he is, or just help him change?
Maybe i still lack compassion
Maybe i still need to learn how to practise metta
SIGH
I dont know how I can stand being in his shoes; carving a fake smile on his face to hide his sorrow, pretending he is still part of the family despite knowing that he was already disowned, and facing people who refuse to face him.
No man is an island. And no man deserves a treatment of that sort.
but his sickening attitude is really distasteful, and it annoys me to no end
SIGH
this is a post, full of contradictions.
My heart tells me to avoid him, but my conscience tells me to befriend him
What should I do now?
I really dont know

6 Rhapsodies:

sulinn said...

i understand. i'm in a somewhat same predicament too. ==

C. Ren said...

really?
how come?
sigh
what should we do...

YYY said...

C.Ren, i sure u do know somehow someone someday will change right. Is just tat will he change to a better one or not so good want rite. Maybe wad he is now is not so used to you . PPl tends to change themself to a better person. WAd i can see from your view is, u cant accept his changes, this take times.At least he try to get back into the gang, this mean he din give up you or your gang. Try to talk heart to heart with him, dont just waste a friendship like tat. Learn how to accept ppl changes and move on. Sometimes when u try to accept ppl, u learn more bout the real world =). Learn how a person changes so fast. Try to accept the changes and see it from a different view, sometimes is a good view indeed. =) Friends r important for us in this stage, but sooner or later, we'll seperate from each other to walk our own journey, maybe 10members in the gang will left 3 or 4 members oni. So appreaciate n enjoy the moment with the friend n every friends. =)

Panda said...

Wah, guilty conscious.

I however don't see why you should be nice to someone who had disgusted you. Trying to be nice probably would make you throw up all over yourself only la Ren.

The best you can do is talk to the person civilly, just out of politeness but no friendly talk. I mean, just draw the line at friends lah.

There are changes in people that we should or should not accept. For me when someone change to be some attention-whore, that's unacceptable.

This is just my view lah.

C. Ren said...

to yyy
haiyo. i really hope he caqn change back la. he was so way better before he changed his way. i hope he can change back.

to TS
hahahaha. Yeah, i think i have to adopt that approach. No point surpressing the anger, which will evolve into hatred, as time passes.

I should just tell him he's wrong, or else he will never know.

Thanks ;)

i just realised what i should do

sulinn said...

my case is slightly different than yours. from the start, that friend already behaving in the terrible manner so already no friends from the start and not in our gang. The similar thing is that I feel bad la for not even trying to be friends and understand that fellow. I just stick to my own gang.