Saturday, February 23, 2008

Song : Just Yesterday

The sore throat and flu that has attacked me simultaneously has left me with a lot phlegm. I could hear myself coughing every night, sounding like an old witch.

So, I got myself some of those red hacks to relieve my coughing.

And then, I remembered, Grandpa, used to really like these red hacks. He eats at least a few per day.

haha

I also, remember stealing some from him, and since i was just a kid, I can't really stand the fiery sensation on my tongue. Hence, I will always end up spitting them before I manage consume them completely.

Now, I can no longer steal from him anymore.

*SIGH*

It has been exactly one year since he passed away, and it seems like it was just yesterday that he brought us (me and my cousins) to his favourite shop (he and his friends hang out there everyday) and chided us gently for paying for the stuff we bought, instead of letting him do the honour.

Sigh.

Life is so volatile. In just a blink of an eye, someone could just disappear before you.

Time definitely has passed so fast.

The dead appears to be forgotten amidst every ones' hearty laugh. But, deep down in our hearts, we still mourn for the person absent in our lives.

Everything seems so same, like it was before.

But when we realise the fact that, the old man will never come back from the farm before sunset again, a bitter yet heavy feeling fills us.

Then it occurs to us, that no matter how same things would appear to be, some things will never be the same again.

4 Rhapsodies:

Miss Pei Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Pei Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Pei Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Pei Lu said...

and i know it wouldn't be you because ur more mature >_<